microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

OutputCache does not work with a themed custom control

joe

3/9/2009 10:43:00 PM

We created a ASP.NET custom control and created a theme for the same. It
works as expected and skin is applied correctly.. However when we set an
OutputCache on the custom control we get the following compilation error on
the Skin file.

Error 1 The 'ID' property of a control type
ASP.controls_mycontrol_ascx cannot be applied through a control skin.
......\Worker\App_Themes\MyTheme\default.skin 19

We would really like to be able to use the OutputCache on the custom control
along with the theme and would like to know if this is a bug, a known issue
with a work around or something that we are not doing correctly.. ? Any work
arounds ?

1 Answer

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

What interfaces does your control implement?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney

Auther Plug