Ivan G.

9/7/2004 3:51:00 PM

Hi.

Is it possible to use integrated windows security when using TcpChannel?

Thanx.

3 Answers

Ken Kolda

There is no built-in support for this, so you would have to do all the work
yourself. It would be much easier to use the HttpChannel if this is a
requirement.

Ken

"Ivan G." <ivan_gavrilyuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to use integrated windows security when using TcpChannel?
>
> Thanx.

Ivan G.

Hi, Ken!

HTTP channel would be nice too, but how to use integrated security without
IIS?

KK> Ken

KK> "Ivan G." <ivan_gavrilyuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
??>> Hi.
??>>
??>> Is it possible to use integrated windows security when using
??>> TcpChannel?
??>>
??>> Thanx.
??>>

Me.

Ken Kolda

Sorry -- by HTTP channel I meant to say "using HTTP channel under IIS".
Outside of IIS, there's really no difference between the HTTP channel and
TCP channel from the standpoint of security services provided to your
remoting code.