Determining if there a client instances of a server object.

Phil Jones

9/5/2004 11:38:00 PM

Is it possible to ask the remoting system whether there are currently any
client instances of a server object?
[or is that knowledge only mainted in reverse - as in the client knows about
it's server?]

Thanks (hope this question ain't to ass-about-face!)

===
Phil
(Auckland | Aotearoa)

1 Answer

Sam Santiago

No there isn't. You would have to write your own server side logic to track
your clients. You could use the call context to pass your client
identification - ip address, name, etc. - to the server. I'm not sure if
you can automatically detect when the proxy on the client side is garbage
collected or disconnected. You might have to add a method on your object to
signal you are done with your object on the client side.

Check out this example:

Remoting Call Context
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconremotingexamplecallc...

Thanks,