microsoft.public.axapta.programming

How does Axapta determine what is decimal delimiter?

glibs

2/4/2006 9:50:00 AM

I would like to know for sure how does Axapta determine what is a decimal
delimiter while converting string to real data types using str2num()
function. Series of experiments discovered that Axapta does not take into
account user regional settings (locale) in Windows. I also did not notice
any suitable value in axsys??.ktd.

So, is decimal separator is hard coded or may be it is hidden in secret
option somewhere?

If decimal separator is hidden in some option, is there any way to get its
value from X++ code?

The same information is required for date delimiter in str2date() function.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers

Player

Hi Glibs,

Have you found out what it was?

If you are running 3-tier you have to check the regional settings of the
AOS instead of the client.
So as I cannot think of another place Axapta would take it from, I'm
curious to hear what you found out.

Kind regards,

Philippe Vanstipelen
Edan Integrator

glibs schreef:
> I would like to know for sure how does Axapta determine what is a decimal
> delimiter while converting string to real data types using str2num()
> function. Series of experiments discovered that Axapta does not take into
> account user regional settings (locale) in Windows. I also did not notice
> any suitable value in axsys??.ktd.
>

> So, is decimal separator is hard coded or may be it is hidden in secret
> option somewhere?
>

> If decimal separator is hidden in some option, is there any way to get its
> value from X++ code?
>

> The same information is required for date delimiter in str2date() function.
>

> Thanks in advance.

glibs

> Have you found out what it was?

No, I am still looking for an answer for my question.

> If you are running 3-tier you have to check the regional settings of the
> AOS instead of the client.

I have taken my experiment in 2-tier configuration.