microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

Prevent cookies being cached on proxy server?

GazElms

Are cookies cached on a proxy web server by default? Our web app's
cookies contain the session token so would it mean that different
users would get the same session if the server or isp goes through a
proxy?

My response http header looks like this, is this enough to prevent
proxies caching the cookie? Note : Pragma no-cache, no-cache and
Cache-Control no-cache, no-store

Server Microsoft-IIS/5.1
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:48:29 GMT
X-Powered-By ASP.NET
X-AspNet-Version 1.1.4322
Pragma no-cache, no-cache
Location /eforms/Processed.aspx?
payable=true&saleformid=293&mode=internet
Cache-Control no-cache, no-store
Expires -1
Content-Type text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length 189

I read about cache-control nocache=set-cookie and nocache=set-cookie2.
Are they implied by cache-control nocache?

Thanks
1 Answer

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

Yes, that should work. The web request does not know the difference between
a proxy server and the real server.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney