Re: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not found

Ken Kolda

9/1/2004 4:19:00 PM

You have a typo in your config file. The string "objecturi" should be
"objectUri". These values are case sensitive.

Ken

"Vakkaas" <Vakkaas@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to impliment remoting using IIS. When i try to run a
client
> in order to access those components i get following exception.
>
> System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not found
>
> Please guide me to solve this error.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Vakkaas
>

> Note: Attached are my server, client, and config files. Name of my virtual
> directory in IIS = "basicservicedemo"

2 Answers

Vakkaas

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply. I made change that you have specified in your
mail and now i am getting following error.

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Cannot load type RServer.RServer,
RSe
rver.
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigInfo.LoadType(String typeName,
Strin
g assemblyName)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigInfo.GetServerTypeForUri(String
URI)

at
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.GetServerTypeForUri(String U
RI)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.GetServerTypeForUri(String
URI)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpRemotingHandler.CanServiceReques
t(HttpContext context)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpRemotingHandler.InternalProcessR

"Ken Kolda" <ken.kolda@elliemae-nospamplease.com> wrote in message
> You have a typo in your config file. The string "objecturi" should be
> "objectUri". These values are case sensitive.
>
> Ken
>

> "Vakkaas" <Vakkaas@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to impliment remoting using IIS. When i try to run a
> client
>> in order to access those components i get following exception.
>>
>> System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not
>> found
>>
>> Please guide me to solve this error.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Vakkaas
>>

>> Note: Attached are my server, client, and config files. Name of my
>> virtual
>> directory in IIS = "basicservicedemo"

Vakkaas

Got it working. Thanks a lot for your help.