microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Billingual Invoice Print

babyto

1/31/2006 11:25:00 AM

Hi there :) does anybody know a way to print sales invoices in 2 languages -
one in english and one in a language taken from the system. My idea is: when
a user presses the "Print" button no matter in what language he is(english or
native) to have both invoices printed. I appreciate anu help.
6 Answers

Ashish

Hi babyto,

You can do this by adding languageid field of Table SalesTable in the
Delivery Tab of SalesTable Form and then Add following line in Fetch method
of SalesInvoice Report.
element.design().languageid(salesTable.languageId);
By this way you can get the report in the language that you have selected on
the delivery tab of salesTable Form.

Regards
Ashish

"babyto" wrote:

> Hi there :) does anybody know a way to print sales invoices in 2 languages -
> one in english and one in a language taken from the system. My idea is: when
> a user presses the "Print" button no matter in what language he is(english or
> native) to have both invoices printed. I appreciate anu help.

babyto

Well i did what you suggested but...the problem is that i had to debugg
because nothing changed. I found out that the the program flow doesn't go to
the the fetch method of the SalesInvoiceReport. For a Sales Order with status
Invoiced, i press the Inquiries button->Show Copy and still the invoice is in
English(although i have selected en-za language) and the fetch method stays
untouched. Probably i should put the code in another method....Please help.

"Ashish" wrote:

> Hi babyto,
>
> You can do this by adding languageid field of Table SalesTable in the
> Delivery Tab of SalesTable Form and then Add following line in Fetch method
> of SalesInvoice Report.
> element.design().languageid(salesTable.languageId);
> By this way you can get the report in the language that you have selected on
> the delivery tab of salesTable Form.
>
> Regards
> Ashish
>
> "babyto" wrote:
>
> > Hi there :) does anybody know a way to print sales invoices in 2 languages -
> > one in english and one in a language taken from the system. My idea is: when
> > a user presses the "Print" button no matter in what language he is(english or
> > native) to have both invoices printed. I appreciate anu help.

Ashish

just change
element.design().languageid(CustInvoiceJour.languageId);
I think It will work now

"babyto" wrote:

> Well i did what you suggested but...the problem is that i had to debugg
> because nothing changed. I found out that the the program flow doesn't go to
> the the fetch method of the SalesInvoiceReport. For a Sales Order with status
> Invoiced, i press the Inquiries button->Show Copy and still the invoice is in
> English(although i have selected en-za language) and the fetch method stays
> untouched. Probably i should put the code in another method....Please help.
>
> "Ashish" wrote:
>
> > Hi babyto,
> >
> > You can do this by adding languageid field of Table SalesTable in the
> > Delivery Tab of SalesTable Form and then Add following line in Fetch method
> > of SalesInvoice Report.
> > element.design().languageid(salesTable.languageId);
> > By this way you can get the report in the language that you have selected on
> > the delivery tab of salesTable Form.
> >
> > Regards
> > Ashish
> >
> > "babyto" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi there :) does anybody know a way to print sales invoices in 2 languages -
> > > one in english and one in a language taken from the system. My idea is: when
> > > a user presses the "Print" button no matter in what language he is(english or
> > > native) to have both invoices printed. I appreciate anu help.

babyto

It doesn't work i just can't follow the program flow. I put breakpoint in the
fetch method of the SalesInvoice report ..it never goes in it. I works like
this For a Sales Order with status Invoiced, i press the Inquiries
button->Show Copy this uses three Menu Items : SalesInvoce, SalesInvoiceCopy,
SalesInvoiceOriginal, all of these invoke the SalesInvoice report but why
when i insert a breakpoint it never goes in it....I;m getting desperate,
Please help

"Ashish" wrote:

> just change
> element.design().languageid(CustInvoiceJour.languageId);
> I think It will work now
>
> "babyto" wrote:
>
> > Well i did what you suggested but...the problem is that i had to debugg
> > because nothing changed. I found out that the the program flow doesn't go to
> > the the fetch method of the SalesInvoiceReport. For a Sales Order with status
> > Invoiced, i press the Inquiries button->Show Copy and still the invoice is in
> > English(although i have selected en-za language) and the fetch method stays
> > untouched. Probably i should put the code in another method....Please help.
> >
> > "Ashish" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi babyto,
> > >
> > > You can do this by adding languageid field of Table SalesTable in the
> > > Delivery Tab of SalesTable Form and then Add following line in Fetch method
> > > of SalesInvoice Report.
> > > element.design().languageid(salesTable.languageId);
> > > By this way you can get the report in the language that you have selected on
> > > the delivery tab of salesTable Form.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Ashish

Ashish

You need to create the labels of your report in another language also.

"babyto" wrote:

> Hi there :) does anybody know a way to print sales invoices in 2 languages -
> one in english and one in a language taken from the system. My idea is: when
> a user presses the "Print" button no matter in what language he is(english or
> native) to have both invoices printed. I appreciate anu help.

babyto

yes i have them in another language file and its imported ....the problem is
to to put the code in the right method and the right object so that when the
event of showing the report fires i can change its language. I have no idea
how to do that.