microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Print Report On deletion of A Record

Raj

I need some help regarding Calling a Report on deletion of a record
from the Grid, when ever i select a record from the grid and click on delete
icon a form is displayed with Ok and Cancel button on click of Ok i should be
able to send the report to the printer .

Do any one Know how to do that ?

Regards,
Raj
4 Answers

Mike Frank

You could use the validate method on the datasource (or the table if this a more general thing)

public boolean validateDelete()
{
boolean ret;

ret = super();

if (ret)
element.callTheReportHere();

return ret;
}

shivraj

hi raj,

u can call a report on deleting a record from a grid on writing your code on
the validate write method of the datasource of that form. call the class
which opens your report. This code should be written after the super() of the
validatewrite.

Any queries let me know

Regards
Shivraj

"Raj" wrote:

> Hi,
> I need some help regarding Calling a Report on deletion of a record
> from the Grid, when ever i select a record from the grid and click on delete
> icon a form is displayed with Ok and Cancel button on click of Ok i should be
> able to send the report to the printer .
>
> Do any one Know how to do that ?
>
> Regards,
> Raj

Raj

Thanks for the suggestion
it is working now

"Mike Frank" wrote:

> You could use the validate method on the datasource (or the table if this a more general thing)
>
> public boolean validateDelete()
> {
> boolean ret;
>
> ret = super();