microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

creating a user specific cache

Madhur

6/24/2008 3:19:00 PM

Hi All

I want to manage a user specific cache . Specifically , a SiteMapProvider
root object, since in my application , the site menu is personalized for
each user.

I want to know if its a good idea to use a cache key created like this:

private string
_cahekey="sitemapprovider"+HttpContext.Current.Session.SessionID;

This way the key would be different for each user. Or Are there any better
approaches out there?

Regards,
Madhur

1 Answer

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

No it's not because your _cachekey variable will go away when the page is
done processing. Session is the right choice for this.

--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]