microsoft.public.axapta.programming

How to dispay a field in report by inner join of two tables

babyto

1/30/2006 1:05:00 PM

Hi there :) I'm making changes to the SalesInvoice report. I joined
CustInvoiceJour table to CustTable and i would like to show fields from
CustTable. I dragged and dropped the BankAccount field but there is nothing
to display. i did the query in Query Analyzer and i know for sure that there
is data in this field. Obviously i just don't know the right way to do it. I
would appreciate any help since i'm reaaly new in Axapta programming.
4 Answers

Necmi Göcek

Change Table property of your report's body to CustTable.
--
_MIB_

"babyto" wrote:

> Hi there :) I'm making changes to the SalesInvoice report. I joined
> CustInvoiceJour table to CustTable and i would like to show fields from
> CustTable. I dragged and dropped the BankAccount field but there is nothing
> to display. i did the query in Query Analyzer and i know for sure that there
> is data in this field. Obviously i just don't know the right way to do it. I
> would appreciate any help since i'm reaaly new in Axapta programming.

babyto

Thanks for the quicj response :)))Well this field is in a pageheader together
with fields from CustInvoiceJour, i set the control's table property to
CustTable but it still shows nothing...

"Necmi Göcek" wrote:

> Change Table property of your report's body to CustTable.
> --
> _MIB_
>

> "babyto" wrote:
>
> > Hi there :) I'm making changes to the SalesInvoice report. I joined
> > CustInvoiceJour table to CustTable and i would like to show fields from
> > CustTable. I dragged and dropped the BankAccount field but there is nothing
> > to display. i did the query in Query Analyzer and i know for sure that there
> > is data in this field. Obviously i just don't know the right way to do it. I
> > would appreciate any help since i'm reaaly new in Axapta programming.

Necmi Göcek

So, write a display method which returns CustTable.AccountNum and drag and
drop it to your page header. I assume your CustInvoiceJour's name is
CustInvoiceJour.

display CustAccount dispCustAccount()
{
;
return CustTable::find(CustInvoiceJour.OrderAccount).AccountNum;
}
--
_MIB_

"babyto" wrote:

> Thanks for the quicj response :)))Well this field is in a pageheader together
> with fields from CustInvoiceJour, i set the control's table property to
> CustTable but it still shows nothing...
>
> "Necmi Göcek" wrote:
>
> > Change Table property of your report's body to CustTable.
> > --
> > _MIB_
> >

> > "babyto" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi there :) I'm making changes to the SalesInvoice report. I joined
> > > CustInvoiceJour table to CustTable and i would like to show fields from
> > > CustTable. I dragged and dropped the BankAccount field but there is nothing
> > > to display. i did the query in Query Analyzer and i know for sure that there
> > > is data in this field. Obviously i just don't know the right way to do it. I
> > > would appreciate any help since i'm reaaly new in Axapta programming.

babyto

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu :))) that definetely worked. I guess i have to buy you
a drink :).