microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching

HTTP Caching Headers with IIS 7 Integrated Pipeline Mode

Gabriel Boyer

4/29/2008 4:12:00 PM

Hello,

I've been using IIS 7 on Vista to develop an ASP.NET application, and have
noticed some inconsistent behaviour between Integrated and Classic
application pool pipeline modes.

Using Fiddler, I observed the following lines of code were not producing the
expected HTTP response headers:

Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.Public);
Response.Cache.SetExpires(DateTime.Now.AddHours(8));
Response.Cache.SetLastModified(DateTime.Now);

(In my application, these lines were located inline in an ASPX page (inside
<% %>), but I also tried relocating them into a Page Load event handler, with
no change.)

In Integrated pipeline mode, instead of the expected headers, I received no
expiry or last-modified headers, and a cacheability of private.

However, if I switch my application back to Classic pipeline mode, the
headers appear as expected.

Can anyone point out anything I'm doing incorrectly, or address why I might
see different behaviour between the two modes?

Thanks.