microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Running the Report From Click Event

Raj

I would like to know what is the procedure to call a report from a
click event of a button.

I have a menu item button in the form where i have set the Menuitem name
and Datasource of the Report , if i click on the menu itme the report runs
perfectly, I have a "OK" button in the same form , i want to run the report
on click of Ok button , is there any method to do that, if there is , Can you
please send me the code to do that.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
rob
3 Answers

Necmi Göcek

On the clicked event of ok button

ReportRun rr;
Args arg;
;
arg = new args(ReportStr("YOURREPORTNAME"));
arg.record("YOURTABLENAME");
arg.caller(element);
rr = new ReportRun(arg);
rr.init();
rr.run();

--
_MIB_

"Raj" wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to know what is the procedure to call a report from a
> click event of a button.
>
> I have a menu item button in the form where i have set the Menuitem name
> and Datasource of the Report , if i click on the menu itme the report runs
> perfectly, I have a "OK" button in the same form , i want to run the report
> on click of Ok button , is there any method to do that, if there is , Can you
> please send me the code to do that.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Regards,
> rob

Raj

Hi ,
The Code was helpful, but what i Actually want is to Print the Report
for the Selected Item from the Grid, right now i when i click on Ok button
the all the records are printed in the report , i want only the selected
record to be displayed in the Report.

Can you please tell me how to pass the Value to the Click event in the OK
button,
Iam using Prodtable and ProdJournalTable in the report and trying to call
the Report from a form which is using ProdParmStatusDecrease table.

Can u please tell me how to pass the value to the report

thanks in advance

Rob

"Necmi Göcek" wrote:

> On the clicked event of ok button
>
> ReportRun rr;
> Args arg;
> ;
> arg = new args(ReportStr("YOURREPORTNAME"));
> arg.record("YOURTABLENAME");
> arg.caller(element);
> rr = new ReportRun(arg);
> rr.init();
> rr.run();
>
> --
> _MIB_
>

> "Raj" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I would like to know what is the procedure to call a report from a
> > click event of a button.
> >
> > I have a menu item button in the form where i have set the Menuitem name
> > and Datasource of the Report , if i click on the menu itme the report runs
> > perfectly, I have a "OK" button in the same form , i want to run the report
> > on click of Ok button , is there any method to do that, if there is , Can you
> > please send me the code to do that.
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.
> >
> > Regards,
> > rob

Necmi Göcek

Class declaration;
public class ReportRun extends ObjectRun
{
YourTable yourTable;
}

Sample Init method of your report;
public void init()
{
;
yourTable = element.args().record();
if (yourTable)
{

this.query().dataSourceTable(tablenum(YourTable)).addRange(fieldnum(YourTable, YourField)).value(yourTable.YourField);
super();
}
}
--