microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Vector and ThreadsPool

Erig Evgin

1/25/2006 1:18:00 PM

Dear MBS Axapta Team,

after i worked several years with MS J++ i travelled to Circon Consulting in
Switzerland, a Gold Partner of MS, developing and selling MBS Axapta. There i
learned Axapta and X++, and i missed easy and effective possibilities to
develop multi threaded applications, or Classes like Vectors, so i developed
this two util library for axapta. Now we are using this for a customer.
Is it possible to take more care about multithreading (synchronising) in
axapta?

Sincerely,

Erig Evgin
Circon Consulting
Switzerland

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=aaf39a8a-2d4c-43f6-ac1c-d2c87f063868&dg=microsoft.public.axapta.p...
4 Answers

Andrew Jones

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, but do you have some custom
solution to aid in multi-threaded development?

If so, is this something that you would share publically? I'm sure that
many people would be interested to see it.

Andrew Jones

"Erig Evgin" wrote:

> Dear MBS Axapta Team,
>
> after i worked several years with MS J++ i travelled to Circon Consulting in
> Switzerland, a Gold Partner of MS, developing and selling MBS Axapta. There i
> learned Axapta and X++, and i missed easy and effective possibilities to
> develop multi threaded applications, or Classes like Vectors, so i developed
> this two util library for axapta. Now we are using this for a customer.
> Is it possible to take more care about multithreading (synchronising) in
> axapta?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Erig Evgin
> Circon Consulting
> Switzerland
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=aaf39a8a-2d4c-43f6-ac1c-d2c87f063868&dg=microsoft.public.axapta.p...

Erig Evgin

i nedded an easy way to work with threads in axapta.
The ThreadsPool Class has 2 static methods, 1 to run a thread 1 time, and
the other run thread periodic (endless, or with counter).
The ThreadsPool checks if there are any threads free without work than takes
them for new tasks to do, else it creates new threads. After this threads
finishes their work they are free, and threadspool checks periodic, if there
are any free threads too long waiting for new tasks, and kills them.

The ThreadsPool usage is as following:
IRunnable runnable = new MyClassWithRunMethod();

ThreadsPool::runOnes(runnable);

or

ThreadsPool::addPeriodic(runnable, 1000); //1000 msec.

How can i post the solution?

With regards,

Erig Evgin

"Andrew Jones" wrote:

> I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, but do you have some custom
> solution to aid in multi-threaded development?
>
> If so, is this something that you would share publically? I'm sure that
> many people would be interested to see it.
>
> Andrew Jones
>
> "Erig Evgin" wrote:
>
> > Dear MBS Axapta Team,
> >
> > after i worked several years with MS J++ i travelled to Circon Consulting in
> > Switzerland, a Gold Partner of MS, developing and selling MBS Axapta. There i
> > learned Axapta and X++, and i missed easy and effective possibilities to
> > develop multi threaded applications, or Classes like Vectors, so i developed
> > this two util library for axapta. Now we are using this for a customer.
> > Is it possible to take more care about multithreading (synchronising) in
> > axapta?
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Erig Evgin
> > Circon Consulting
> > Switzerland
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=aaf39a8a-2d4c-43f6-ac1c-d2c87f063868&dg=microsoft.public.axapta.p...

Kyle Alons

How do you manage thread signalling?

JFB Smoggy
-----

"Erig Evgin" <ErigEvgin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i nedded an easy way to work with threads in axapta.
> The ThreadsPool Class has 2 static methods, 1 to run a thread 1 time, and
> the other run thread periodic (endless, or with counter).
> The ThreadsPool checks if there are any threads free without work than
> takes
> them for new tasks to do, else it creates new threads. After this threads
> finishes their work they are free, and threadspool checks periodic, if
> there
> are any free threads too long waiting for new tasks, and kills them.
>
> The ThreadsPool usage is as following:
> IRunnable runnable = new MyClassWithRunMethod();
>
> ThreadsPool::runOnes(runnable);
>
> or
>
> ThreadsPool::addPeriodic(runnable, 1000); //1000 msec.
>
> How can i post the solution?
>
> With regards,
>
> Erig Evgin
>
> "Andrew Jones" wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, but do you have some
>> custom
>> solution to aid in multi-threaded development?
>>
>> If so, is this something that you would share publically? I'm sure that
>> many people would be interested to see it.
>>
>> Andrew Jones
>>
>> "Erig Evgin" wrote:
>>
>> > Dear MBS Axapta Team,
>> >
>> > after i worked several years with MS J++ i travelled to Circon
>> > Consulting in
>> > Switzerland, a Gold Partner of MS, developing and selling MBS Axapta.
>> > There i
>> > learned Axapta and X++, and i missed easy and effective possibilities
>> > develop multi threaded applications, or Classes like Vectors, so i
>> > developed
>> > this two util library for axapta. Now we are using this for a customer.
>> > Is it possible to take more care about multithreading (synchronising)
>> > in
>> > axapta?
>> >
>> > Sincerely,
>> >
>> > Erig Evgin
>> > Circon Consulting
>> > Switzerland
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=aaf39a8a-2d4c-43f6-ac1c-d2c87f063868&dg=microsoft.public.axapta.p...

Erig Evgin

hi,
i create a "daemon"-thread to observe all "user"-threads, all of them are
known to the daemon with references and daemon-thread communicates with
user-threads, no one of the "real" threads, that means user-threads, has a
pointer to their holder, the observer.
what i want MS to tell me is how to use the build in functionality of
synchronising, i dont want to make "tricky" ways to emulate multithreading
and signaling.
I want users to vote if they are also interested into this chapter.

Regards,

Erig Evgin