microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Retrieving Report Field Values Programmtically

AxaptaProgrammer

1/24/2006 7:32:00 PM

What is the method for getting field values of a report in XPF(which we use
for coding), There is a XPFReport class in AOT. So are we to use this class
to retrieve and validate field values from a report or is there another
option. Either ways what is the best way to retrieve field values
3 Answers

David Pokluda

Xpf is a library for test automation. The way Xpf works is based on a
modified ClassFactory class. This class instead of exporting reports to PDF
creates instance of XpfReport2Xml. XpfReport2Xml is derived from
ReportOutputUser (something like a printer). Because of that for every
control on the report the class would handle write* method passing
OutputField value. Then you can easily get the field value by calling
value() method on OutputField object.

For more information see Xpf documentation.

Regards,
David.

"AxaptaProgrammer" <AxaptaProgrammer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8D0C9CF0-7BD3-4C05-9F64-F7C5E53125BC@microsoft.com...
> What is the method for getting field values of a report in XPF(which we
> use
> for coding), There is a XPFReport class in AOT. So are we to use this
> class
> to retrieve and validate field values from a report or is there another
> option. Either ways what is the best way to retrieve field values

Player

Which version are you using? I don't see any XpfReport classe in 3.0 SP4

Regards,

Philippe

David Pokluda schreef:
> Xpf is a library for test automation. The way Xpf works is based on a
> modified ClassFactory class. This class instead of exporting reports to PDF
> creates instance of XpfReport2Xml. XpfReport2Xml is derived from
> ReportOutputUser (something like a printer). Because of that for every
> control on the report the class would handle write* method passing
> OutputField value. Then you can easily get the field value by calling
> value() method on OutputField object.
>
> For more information see Xpf documentation.
>
> Regards,
> David.
>
> "AxaptaProgrammer" <AxaptaProgrammer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:8D0C9CF0-7BD3-4C05-9F64-F7C5E53125BC@microsoft.com...
>> What is the method for getting field values of a report in XPF(which we
>> use
>> for coding), There is a XPFReport class in AOT. So are we to use this
>> class
>> to retrieve and validate field values from a report or is there another
>> option. Either ways what is the best way to retrieve field values

David Pokluda

Xpf is not part of Ax3. It's an internal tool used for Ax4 test automation.

Regards,
David.