microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Outlook Journal - categories

Adam

1/23/2006 10:39:00 PM

Hi all,
I am using MSH to create journal entries in outlook. I am a relative newbie
to outlook so I have a couple questions. First are journal entries the way
to go? ...I need to keep track of how long tasks take. My first throught
was creating a task entry but I failed to find a timer function. The journal
has a timer so I went with that. My second question is how do I set the
category programmatically. Here is my code:

$ol = new-object -COM outlook.application
$task = $ol.createitem(4)
$task.subject = "Task # goes here"
$task.categories = ???
$task.starttimer()
$task.save()

I have tried using the string "Task" and the index value of 16 (its the 17th
element in my list), but it always gets entered as "Phone Call".

TIA-

1 Answer

Adam

My bad it was the type property I was after.
$task.categories ...bad
$task.type ...good