microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Restricting print of data

SS

1/12/2006 1:10:00 PM

We have a single line of record to be printed on the body of the report.
A field in the aforementioned record of line, runs into 36 lines when
wordwrapped and printed on the body of the report.

Is there any way to break the 36 lines of the field information and print
the word wrapped information as 3 pages with 15 lines in each page?
2 Answers

SS

Hi Mkz ,
The scenario is as explained below

ItemID ItemDescription Qty
PriceValue
Item 1 The development environment in Microsoft 10 1
Axapta is called MorphX. It is referred to as
an Integrated Development Environment, or
IDE, because it integrates many different
functions such as designing, editing,
compiling, and debugging within a
common environment. In most traditional
development tools, each of these functions
operate as a separate program, each with
its own interface.
Item 2 Item name 2 10
10
We have a report to be printed as given above. The restriction is that the
body of the report should not allow more than 8 lines to be printed in any
column.

To explain it better, the above report has â??Item descriptionâ?? for Item ID 1
running into 10 lines. So the first page of the report should print the first
eight lines and the second page should print the 9th and 10th line followed
by the second item ID(item 2).The field â??Item descriptionâ?? is printed through
a Data method.

The question is how to restrict the body to print only eight lines of
information. Also how do the Units â??Charâ? and â??MMâ? behave in the report. If
the width of a field is set to 10 chars, does it always take 10 chars for
whatever case (lowercase and uppercase) and font sizes?

Your earliest response will be much appreciated. If you don't have any
problem can you give your email-id.

Thanks

ss

"SS" wrote:

> We have a single line of record to be printed on the body of the report.
> A field in the aforementioned record of line, runs into 36 lines when
> wordwrapped and printed on the body of the report.
>
> Is there any way to break the 36 lines of the field information and print
> the word wrapped information as 3 pages with 15 lines in each page?

SS

Hi Mzk

The solution is working fine.
Thank you for your help.