microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Print PDF reports from a web browser

einar

1/9/2006 10:16:00 AM

Hi you all

I have a very strange scenario here. The format/layout of the PDF file does
not stay the way that i want to. I have set up a default printer on the web
server, with some print settings (A4 paper). This all works for a while but
then at some point the format changes that is it is no longer in A4 the next
time i create the PDF file. This seems to happen when the COM connector has
been idle for some time.

When i restart the COM connector the PDF files are created in the correct
format.

I hope i make my self understanbable.

1 Answer

Luegisdorf

Hi Einar

We've got the same problem that the PDF is anything about 30cm to 30cm
instead an A4. The problem was that the user which the COM was running hasn't
any printer installed. Every time we logt on the machine to look what's
wrong, we restart the COM - and at this moment the COM get's the printer from
the interactive user (from the user which was looking what's wrong) and keep
it as long it was not down (so we think, ey that works again!). But after
restart of the machine (or every other event which stopps and start the COM),
the COM has lost again his printer.

The solutions was just to configure, that the NT-User which COM was using
has a standard printer which is aviable independend of a interactive user.

May be this helps
best regards
Patrick