microsoft.public.axapta.programming

automatic reservation of items

Hema

how to reserve the item quantity automatically? when i say the quantity for
the work, it should be automatically reserved for the work. how to write code
for this?
pls. give me the solution.

regs,
Hema. S
8 Answers

Nitin

Hi Hema,

Check the standard reservation concepts on salesLine/purchLine creation.

Regards
Nitin

"Hema" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how to reserve the item quantity automatically? when i say the quantity for
> the work, it should be automatically reserved for the work. how to write code
> for this?
> pls. give me the solution.
>
> regs,
> Hema. S

ntr

Hi Nitin,

Can you please help in explaining in purchline
how do we take the information in case of Automatic reservation. And please
also tell, if the item is reserved for 10 units and once it is consumed how it
will get reduced in the inventory

Regards and thanks in advance

ntr

"Nitin" wrote:

> Hi Hema,
>
> Check the standard reservation concepts on salesLine/purchLine creation.
>
> Regards
> Nitin
>
> "Hema" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > how to reserve the item quantity automatically? when i say the quantity for
> > the work, it should be automatically reserved for the work. how to write code
> > for this?
> > pls. give me the solution.
> >
> > regs,
> > Hema. S

Nitin

If you check the classes\PurchLineType\insert method, there you can find the
code. The inventory updation is done using InventUpd_Estimated class. At the
time of packingslip posting InventMovement class is used to update the
inventory. That you can check from
class\PurchFormLetter_PackingSlip\updatenow method.

I think it will help you.

Regards
Nitin Jain

"ntr" wrote:

> Hi Nitin,
>
> Can you please help in explaining in purchline
> how do we take the information in case of Automatic reservation. And please
> also tell, if the item is reserved for 10 units and once it is consumed how it
> will get reduced in the inventory
>
> Regards and thanks in advance
>
> ntr
>
> "Nitin" wrote:
>
> > Hi Hema,
> >
> > Check the standard reservation concepts on salesLine/purchLine creation.
> >
> > Regards
> > Nitin
> >
> > "Hema" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > how to reserve the item quantity automatically? when i say the quantity for
> > > the work, it should be automatically reserved for the work. how to write code
> > > for this?
> > > pls. give me the solution.
> > >
> > > regs,
> > > Hema. S

ntr

Hi Nitin,

I am able to do manual reservation. I would like to have some technical
information on Automatic reservation. Please also help me in knowing whether
the item is consumed as soon as it is reserved. Suppose if we raise a
movement journal for the same reservation what will happen ???

thanks in advance

ntr

"Nitin" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you check the classes\PurchLineType\insert method, there you can find the
> code. The inventory updation is done using InventUpd_Estimated class. At the
> time of packingslip posting InventMovement class is used to update the
> inventory. That you can check from
> class\PurchFormLetter_PackingSlip\updatenow method.
>
> I think it will help you.
>
> Regards
> Nitin Jain
>
> "ntr" wrote:
>
> > Hi Nitin,
> >
> > Can you please help in explaining in purchline
> > how do we take the information in case of Automatic reservation. And please
> > also tell, if the item is reserved for 10 units and once it is consumed how it
> > will get reduced in the inventory
> >
> > Regards and thanks in advance
> >
> > ntr
> >
> > "Nitin" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Hema,
> > >
> > > Check the standard reservation concepts on salesLine/purchLine creation.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Nitin

Nitin

For sale you can do the automatic reservation. In the parameter setting you
can select "Reservation" instead of "Manual".

If you create any SO, and not done any reservation then you can use that
inventory from any where may be using the movement journal or creating any
other SO etc. But if you have done the reservation then that inventory is not
used by any other transaction process. After reservation you can see the
inventory value in Physical reserved.

If you have reserved any inventory using any SO, then it will be used by
that SO only, if you want to use that inventory any where else then u need to
release that inventory from that SO.

Regards
Nitin Jain

"ntr" wrote:

> Hi Nitin,
>
> I am able to do manual reservation. I would like to have some technical
> information on Automatic reservation. Please also help me in knowing whether
> the item is consumed as soon as it is reserved. Suppose if we raise a
> movement journal for the same reservation what will happen ???
>
> thanks in advance
>
> ntr
>
> "Nitin" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > If you check the classes\PurchLineType\insert method, there you can find the
> > code. The inventory updation is done using InventUpd_Estimated class. At the
> > time of packingslip posting InventMovement class is used to update the
> > inventory. That you can check from
> > class\PurchFormLetter_PackingSlip\updatenow method.
> >
> > I think it will help you.
> >
> > Regards
> > Nitin Jain
> >
> > "ntr" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Nitin,
> > >
> > > Can you please help in explaining in purchline
> > > how do we take the information in case of Automatic reservation. And please
> > > also tell, if the item is reserved for 10 units and once it is consumed how it
> > > will get reduced in the inventory
> > >
> > > Regards and thanks in advance
> > >
> > > ntr

ntr

if the status is physically reserved is it equal to item consumed please help

"Nitin" wrote:

> For sale you can do the automatic reservation. In the parameter setting you
> can select "Reservation" instead of "Manual".
>
> If you create any SO, and not done any reservation then you can use that
> inventory from any where may be using the movement journal or creating any
> other SO etc. But if you have done the reservation then that inventory is not
> used by any other transaction process. After reservation you can see the
> inventory value in Physical reserved.
>
> If you have reserved any inventory using any SO, then it will be used by
> that SO only, if you want to use that inventory any where else then u need to
> release that inventory from that SO.
>
> Regards
> Nitin Jain
>
> "ntr" wrote:
>

> > Hi Nitin,
> >
> > I am able to do manual reservation. I would like to have some technical
> > information on Automatic reservation. Please also help me in knowing whether
> > the item is consumed as soon as it is reserved. Suppose if we raise a
> > movement journal for the same reservation what will happen ???
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > ntr
> >
> > "Nitin" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > If you check the classes\PurchLineType\insert method, there you can find the
> > > code. The inventory updation is done using InventUpd_Estimated class. At the
> > > time of packingslip posting InventMovement class is used to update the
> > > inventory. That you can check from
> > > class\PurchFormLetter_PackingSlip\updatenow method.
> > >
> > > I think it will help you.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Nitin Jain

Nitin

Physically reserved is not equal to item consumed. As it is still available
means if u delete the SO, then it will again comes in Available Physical and
then u can use that inventory anywhere else.

"ntr" wrote:

> if the status is physically reserved is it equal to item consumed please help
>

> "Nitin" wrote:
>
> > For sale you can do the automatic reservation. In the parameter setting you
> > can select "Reservation" instead of "Manual".
> >
> > If you create any SO, and not done any reservation then you can use that
> > inventory from any where may be using the movement journal or creating any
> > other SO etc. But if you have done the reservation then that inventory is not
> > used by any other transaction process. After reservation you can see the
> > inventory value in Physical reserved.
> >
> > If you have reserved any inventory using any SO, then it will be used by
> > that SO only, if you want to use that inventory any where else then u need to
> > release that inventory from that SO.
> >
> > Regards
> > Nitin Jain
> >
> > "ntr" wrote:
> >

> > > Hi Nitin,
> > >
> > > I am able to do manual reservation. I would like to have some technical
> > > information on Automatic reservation. Please also help me in knowing whether
> > > the item is consumed as soon as it is reserved. Suppose if we raise a
> > > movement journal for the same reservation what will happen ???
> > >
> > > thanks in advance
> > >
> > > ntr

ntr

how do i know that the reserved item is reduced in the inventory and the
status changes to issued (consumed)