Pat Brown

1/6/2006 8:46:00 PM

I am a pure .Net developer (C#). I have recently been granted the task of
moving all of my C# code to point to Axapta tables. Everything seemed pretty
strait forward to me... I thought I would just treat the tables as I would
SQL Server tables. After speaking to some people I have found that if I
insert or update some system tables in Axapta that I may screw something up
since data will not get put into other tables that would automatically be
updated when data is inserted directly through Axapta. Anyway, is there any
..Net assembly available out there that is well documented and will work as a
..Net Axapta connector?
Any guidence would be greatly appretiated.
Thanks
2 Answers

Jagjeet Singh

Hi Pat,

Right now there is no document available for .NET connector. The document
with example which currently available are in VB.

If you need the document then I think you have to wait till Version 4.o been
released.

Jagjeet Singh

"Pat Brown" wrote:

> I am a pure .Net developer (C#). I have recently been granted the task of
> moving all of my C# code to point to Axapta tables. Everything seemed pretty
> strait forward to me... I thought I would just treat the tables as I would
> SQL Server tables. After speaking to some people I have found that if I
> insert or update some system tables in Axapta that I may screw something up
> since data will not get put into other tables that would automatically be
> updated when data is inserted directly through Axapta. Anyway, is there any
> .Net assembly available out there that is well documented and will work as a
> .Net Axapta connector?
> Any guidence would be greatly appretiated.
> Thanks

einar

Hi

you can use the COM connector to connect to Axapta from C# code. In the C#
code you can call static methods on a class, table or what ever object.

You refernce the Axapta COM connector in .NET the dll is called
Interop.AxaptaCOMConnector.dll

Then you need to set up a connection to Axapta from the machine that runs
the C# code, create a config file for example.

you can email me at el@annata.is then i can reply you with a sample app that
i did in .NET that can show you how it is done

regards
Einar