microsoft.public.axapta.programming

PDFViewer: printing images

PJ

1/6/2006 4:37:00 PM

When printing images to pdf PDFViewer tries to resize the image to fit on
the paper. Function Image.resize(int width, int heigth, int
interpolarmethod) is used with interpolarmethod=4

But interpolarmethod=4 does not seem to resize correctly. A companyimage a
customer uses is not resized but seems to be truncated.
By trying interpolarmethod=0 or 1 resizing is working - but with a bad
optical result.

Does anybody know what values interpolarmethod can have and what they mean?
I didnt find any documentation abut class image.

Regards
Patrick

3 Answers

dartigue

Its not the interpolar method , that give poor quality, its when axapta save
the picture as a temporary file, it save it with low quality. By saving with
high quality, you will improve theresulting pdf .
I think there is a method on image class to save with best quality...

hope it help
Gilles

"pj" wrote:

> When printing images to pdf PDFViewer tries to resize the image to fit on
> the paper. Function Image.resize(int width, int heigth, int
> interpolarmethod) is used with interpolarmethod=4
>
> But interpolarmethod=4 does not seem to resize correctly. A companyimage a
> customer uses is not resized but seems to be truncated.
> By trying interpolarmethod=0 or 1 resizing is working - but with a bad
> optical result.
>
> Does anybody know what values interpolarmethod can have and what they mean?
> I didnt find any documentation abut class image.
>
> Regards
> Patrick

Freezie

Yes the low resolution images in PDF is a bug in Axapta. A hotfix is expected
in April that should resolve a bunch of PDF issues, this being one of them.

"dartigue" wrote:

> Its not the interpolar method , that give poor quality, its when axapta save
> the picture as a temporary file, it save it with low quality. By saving with
> high quality, you will improve theresulting pdf .
> I think there is a method on image class to save with best quality...
>
> hope it help
> Gilles

Habio

Hi!

You should take a look at conversation # 11118.3. It worked for me.

-harri