microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Protecting source code from the client - URGENT

getting server path of images

How to protect the x++ code from the client? Pls. provide the solution
except License Code solution.

regs,
Hema. S
4 Answers

Luegisdorf

Hi Hema

I think there are only some ugly possiblities in Axpata:

a) the x++ source code is stored on file system encrypted. Axpata have to
read the file an decrypt (password must be asked from user, otherwise
everyone can look into decrypt method to get the hard coded password. When
Axpata have readed the source code it has to execute it with runBuf().
Instead to store the source in a file, It could also stored in the DB which
axapta uses.

Disadvantages:
- slow code execution
- special method to programming (that's possible to run code inside runBuf())
- password asking to decrypt
- on demand compiling in IDE not possible
- external code library

b) the x++ source is delivered by a external Procedure (dll). When Axpata
have received the source code it has to execute it with runBuf().

Disadvantages:
- slow code execution
- special method to programming (that's possible to run code inside runBuf())
- additional DLL programming
- on demand compiling in IDE not possible
- external code library

c) the special functionality is executed by a third party runtime (like VB
or C#, Delphi a.s.o) using the COM+ which Axapta proviedes. This way you can
protect your source code in the runable third party executable. Axapta can
call this external programm to execute your protected code.

Disadvantages:
- slow code execution
- COM programming instead easy x++ editor
- additional DLL/EXE programming and licence
- on demand compiling in IDE not possible
- programming restrictions in COM (no GUI, own Axapta Session, own
Transaction system ...)

Hope this gives some ideas.

best regards
Patrick

"getting server path of images" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How to protect the x++ code from the client? Pls. provide the solution
> except License Code solution.
>
> regs,
> Hema. S

Luegisdorf

Hi Hema

Me again; I would try to define a special agreement with your
customer/partner which uses your code to prohibit make code stealing.

regards
Patrick

"Luegisdorf" wrote:

> Hi Hema
>
> I think there are only some ugly possiblities in Axpata:
>
> a) the x++ source code is stored on file system encrypted. Axpata have to
> read the file an decrypt (password must be asked from user, otherwise
> everyone can look into decrypt method to get the hard coded password. When
> Axpata have readed the source code it has to execute it with runBuf().
> Instead to store the source in a file, It could also stored in the DB which
> axapta uses.
>
> Disadvantages:
> - slow code execution
> - special method to programming (that's possible to run code inside runBuf())
> - password asking to decrypt
> - on demand compiling in IDE not possible
> - external code library
>

> b) the x++ source is delivered by a external Procedure (dll). When Axpata
> have received the source code it has to execute it with runBuf().
>
> Disadvantages:
> - slow code execution
> - special method to programming (that's possible to run code inside runBuf())
> - additional DLL programming
> - on demand compiling in IDE not possible
> - external code library
>
> c) the special functionality is executed by a third party runtime (like VB
> or C#, Delphi a.s.o) using the COM+ which Axapta proviedes. This way you can
> protect your source code in the runable third party executable. Axapta can
> call this external programm to execute your protected code.
>
> Disadvantages:
> - slow code execution
> - COM programming instead easy x++ editor
> - additional DLL/EXE programming and licence
> - on demand compiling in IDE not possible
> - programming restrictions in COM (no GUI, own Axapta Session, own
> Transaction system ...)
>
> Hope this gives some ideas.
>
> best regards
> Patrick
>

> "getting server path of images" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > How to protect the x++ code from the client? Pls. provide the solution
> > except License Code solution.
> >
> > regs,
> > Hema. S

getting server path of images

Thank u. pls. provide the code to protect source code, if u have.

regs,
Hema. S

Luegisdorf

Hi Hema

Unfortunelly I don't have ever done something like this. My previous post
was only a suggestion for you. How you should do depends on what way you want
do.