kings_helpdesk

12/29/2005 2:49:00 AM

I don't know much about Axapta and I want to learn how to create new reports
or adjust existing reports e.g. display customer name for each transaction
line in a Till Transactions report. Would I have to learn C++ or something?
And then if I know how to do it how would I actually apply it in Axapta?
3 Answers

Santosh Kumar Paruvella

Hi kings_helpdesk,
Go through the tutorial_* reports, these reports
will give a good help to learn the reports.
To display the values in the report implement
the Display methods.

Regards,
Santosh

"kings_helpdesk" wrote:

> I don't know much about Axapta and I want to learn how to create new reports
> or adjust existing reports e.g. display customer name for each transaction
> line in a Till Transactions report. Would I have to learn C++ or something?
> And then if I know how to do it how would I actually apply it in Axapta?

rheu

You could also start with the report wizard for creation of your own reports
(no adjustments to existing reports). If you're not familiar with X++ and/or
MorphX I think this is the better solution although you're not able to create
complicated reports. At the end of the wizard you're able to attach you own
report to the menu structure of Axapta.
You'll find this wizard in the menu bar under Tools, Development Tools,
Wizards, Report Wizard.
--
Regards,
Rob

Steen Andreasen

If you want to dig further into reports, you can download a sample
chapter on how to create reports from my upcoming Axapta programming
book MORPHX IT. You can get the chapter at my website:
http://www.steenandreasen.com/axap...

Best regards
Steen Andreasen