microsoft.public.axapta.programming

DataSource on Group-control?

Henke

12/27/2005 12:27:00 PM

Hi!
I was just curious, what does it mean to set the datasource property on a
group control (GUI-element)?

/Henke

3 Answers

Luegisdorf

Hi Henke

This controls if the group is enable or not. F.ex: The current record is
allowEdit=false, so the group's controls should also be allowEdit=false.

Best regards
Patrick

"Henke" wrote:

> Hi!
> I was just curious, what does it mean to set the datasource property on a
> group control (GUI-element)?
>
> /Henke

Henke

So setting the DataSource on a group control is the same as setting
AllowEdit=false?
/henke

"Luegisdorf" <Luegisdorf@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi Henke
>
> This controls if the group is enable or not. F.ex: The current record is
> allowEdit=false, so the group's controls should also be allowEdit=false.
>
> Best regards
> Patrick
>
> "Henke" wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> I was just curious, what does it mean to set the datasource property on a
>> group control (GUI-element)?
>>
>> /Henke

Sebastian Draese

No !!!

This means, that datasource controls the group,
the group has also a property datagroup, so the group will be filled at
runtime
with the formcontrols needed for display the fields, located at the
fieldgroup in the table.
any change in the fieldgroup of the table will change the design of the form
-> you add an field to the fieldgroup -> in the form this field will appear
in the group
-> you remove an field..... -> in the form this field will disappear from
the group
-> you change the order of the fields -> the controls will change the order
also

the caption of the form-group will be the label of the table-fieldgroup

test it, try it.
take a look at the property autodatagroup at the form-group also

bxe,
Sebastian