koffidan

12/27/2005 8:46:00 AM

Hi

Do you know what this file - axdat.udb - is used for? Can I delete it?
Can't start Axapta, it tells me that this file is locked but I can't see
how. Do you have any idea?

--
Koffidan

http://ww...

3 Answers

rheu

This file holds information about logged on users. You can delete the file
it will be created automatically when you log in.
--
Regards,
Rob

koffidan

Thanks for the quick answer, but I didn't give you the complete pickture of
my situation, sorry:

When I logg on to the server as Administrator (or myself) and try to log on
to my two tier Axapta installation, I'm told that the file Axdat.udb is
locked by another process and that Axapta can't start.
It doesn't help me to delete the file.
There is no other Axapta running on the server, I have checked my task
manager.

When I logg on to my own laptop, mapping axapta location on server, and try
to logg on to my two tier installation, Axapta starts up.
I logg on to the same application!!!

I don't know the problem, but I must be able to logg on to Axapta from the
server, do you have an idea?

Regards

--
Koffidan

http://ww...

"rheu" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This file holds information about logged on users. You can delete the file
> it will be created automatically when you log in.
> --
> Regards,
> Rob

Luegisdorf

Hi Koffidan

I guess that's the reason for the locked axdat.udb is raised by a service
tool like AntiVirus, BackUp or something like this.

Once we had used BrightStore BackUp Software, and this software doesn't free
the handle after backup the file, and therefore the file was in access every
day again.

Check for software like this, may be that can be the reason of the locked
file.

Best regards
Patrick