PacMan

I received from a friend a dll COM component he made in C# that was meant to
be run from Axapta. In fact, he showed me how to use it but not how it is
installed.
Now I am not familiar with COM components but I would like to use his.

1. I copied the components into th Axapta Bin folder

2. I registered the com component
regasm OakCorp.billing.CALocal.dll /tlb:oakcorp.billing.CALocal.tlb

3. I created a class to load the com object
void new(COM _com = new COM('OakCorp.billing.CALocal.CABillID'))
{
objBillingCodes = _com;

}

but i receive an axapta message saying that the component may not be
registered?

Did i forget to do something or is there something i did wrong?

Your thoughts, please.
3 Answers

PacMan

The error message is as follows:

"COM object of class 'OakCorp.billing.CALocal.CABillID' could not be
created. Ensure that the object has been properly registered on computer
'ComputerName'."

and

"Object 'COM' could not be created"

"PacMan" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I received from a friend a dll COM component he made in C# that was meant to
> be run from Axapta. In fact, he showed me how to use it but not how it is
> installed.
> Now I am not familiar with COM components but I would like to use his.
>
> 1. I copied the components into th Axapta Bin folder
>
> 2. I registered the com component
> regasm OakCorp.billing.CALocal.dll /tlb:oakcorp.billing.CALocal.tlb
>
> 3. I created a class to load the com object
> void new(COM _com = new COM('OakCorp.billing.CALocal.CABillID'))
> {
> objBillingCodes = _com;
>
> }
>
> but i receive an axapta message saying that the component may not be
> registered?
>
> Did i forget to do something or is there something i did wrong?
>
> Your thoughts, please.

Nitin

Hi Pacman,

I am not sure but it is a suggestion, check for the .Net framework in your
machine, I think to run any .Net component you should have installed it first.

Regards
Nitin

"PacMan" wrote:

> The error message is as follows:
>
> "COM object of class 'OakCorp.billing.CALocal.CABillID' could not be
> created. Ensure that the object has been properly registered on computer
> 'ComputerName'."
>
> and
>
> "Object 'COM' could not be created"
>

> "PacMan" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I received from a friend a dll COM component he made in C# that was meant to
> > be run from Axapta. In fact, he showed me how to use it but not how it is
> > installed.
> > Now I am not familiar with COM components but I would like to use his.
> >
> > 1. I copied the components into th Axapta Bin folder
> >
> > 2. I registered the com component
> > regasm OakCorp.billing.CALocal.dll /tlb:oakcorp.billing.CALocal.tlb
> >
> > 3. I created a class to load the com object
> > void new(COM _com = new COM('OakCorp.billing.CALocal.CABillID'))
> > {
> > objBillingCodes = _com;
> >
> > }
> >
> > but i receive an axapta message saying that the component may not be
> > registered?
> >
> > Did i forget to do something or is there something i did wrong?
> >
> > Your thoughts, please.

PacMan

Thanks for the suggestion.

On further investigatio, none of the COM components could be successfully
loaded into the COM Class Wizard, and the same error message returned, and
the same Class ID. Not one of the system COM components - not Word objects.
not Excel objects. or the Dundas emailer.

Finally, in my desperation, I re-installed Axapta and ... voila!

Merry Christmas!