microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Boxes spanning multiple sections in reports

Thomas Turn Jensen

12/21/2005 8:42:00 AM

I need to make a box (or several) to span multiple boxes in a report. As
suggested in discussion "12144.1 Draw a line from page Header section to page
Footer section" I have a page header with fixed height and have added form
controls to that section.

This works great when printing to the printer but not when printing to PDF,
where subsequent sections seem to "overlayer" the boxes.

Looking at the pdfViewer class I have made a quick fix to the beginSection()
method, basically removing the final statement to add the section code to the
pdf file. This actually works perfectly, but obviously this way I will lose
any formatting made to the section, IE background colours and such.

Does anyone have an idea for a better solution?

Thanks in advance!