microsoft.public.axapta.programming

AXAPTA in Windows CE Environment

Omar Nieto

12/20/2005 9:35:00 PM

It is possible to run AXAPTA in a SCANNER SYMBOL MC with Windows EC or in an
ambient EC?

We want to make the processes of Inventory Recount with this kind of
HANDHELD and Barcodes.

or we will have to develop the forms in Visual C++ eMbedded and conectt with
ODBC o another.

Thank.

Omar

--
"Time, Flowing like a river..."

4 Answers

Allan Wallis

Have you considered using Windows Terminal Services, remote desktop works
fine on Windows CE

"Omar Nieto" wrote:

> It is possible to run AXAPTA in a SCANNER SYMBOL MC with Windows EC or in an
> ambient EC?
>
> We want to make the processes of Inventory Recount with this kind of
> HANDHELD and Barcodes.
>
> or we will have to develop the forms in Visual C++ eMbedded and conectt with
> ODBC o another.
>
> Thank.
>
> Omar
>
> --
> "Time, Flowing like a river..."

Omar Nieto

Ok. thanks.
We have the Scanner in our Network, I see the folders and the nework, but ...

How run the AXAPTA client?

AX32.exe not is a valid Window CE application...

Exists a Client of AXAPTA for Windows CE

--
"Time, Flowing like a river..."

"Allan Wallis" wrote:

> Have you considered using Windows Terminal Services, remote desktop works
> fine on Windows CE
>
> "Omar Nieto" wrote:
>
> > It is possible to run AXAPTA in a SCANNER SYMBOL MC with Windows EC or in an
> > ambient EC?
> >
> > We want to make the processes of Inventory Recount with this kind of
> > HANDHELD and Barcodes.
> >
> > or we will have to develop the forms in Visual C++ eMbedded and conectt with
> > ODBC o another.
> >
> > Thank.
> >
> > Omar
> >
> > --
> > "Time, Flowing like a river..."

Kyle Alons

As far as I know there is no Axapta client that will run on a handheld
device (CE, PocketPC, Mobile).

Usually these devices have remote desktop clients which can be pointed to a
Terminal Server running an Axapta client.

Or you could develop your own application that runs natively on the handheld
and use COM to connect to Axapta...

JFB

"Omar Nieto" <OmarNieto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok. thanks.
> We have the Scanner in our Network, I see the folders and the nework, but
>
> How run the AXAPTA client?
>
> AX32.exe not is a valid Window CE application...
>
> Exists a Client of AXAPTA for Windows CE
>

> --
> "Time, Flowing like a river..."
>

> "Allan Wallis" wrote:
>
>> Have you considered using Windows Terminal Services, remote desktop works
>> fine on Windows CE
>>
>> "Omar Nieto" wrote:
>>
>> > It is possible to run AXAPTA in a SCANNER SYMBOL MC with Windows EC or
>> > in an
>> > ambient EC?
>> >
>> > We want to make the processes of Inventory Recount with this kind of
>> > HANDHELD and Barcodes.
>> >
>> > or we will have to develop the forms in Visual C++ eMbedded and conectt
>> > with
>> > ODBC o another.
>> >
>> > Thank.
>> >
>> > Omar
>> >
>> > --
>> > "Time, Flowing like a river..."

Eli

Try Pocket ie and hit the Enterprise Portal. I've seen it work. In the AOT,
you can see web pages oriented for full screen, and some oriented for PDA.