microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Task Manager show powerpoint instance

Abhishake

12/17/2005 10:04:00 AM

i m using offcie XP
in my Visual Basic code i use
Set mspptapp = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application")
to create an powerpoint object the do some work of off adding, replacing
text and adding and deleting of powerpoint slides after saving the
presentation a differnet location i use this code
Set mspptapp = Nothing
mspptapp.Windows.Application.Quit

The problem is that an instance still remains when is see in the windows
task manager and when i restart the code this same instance cause error.
please tell me how to eliminate the instance from task manager

53 Answers

asdf

B J Foster wrote:
> On 13/12/2010 3:04 AM, Peter Webb wrote:
>> World's nations unanimously make non-binding agreement to reduce CO2
>> emissions to unspecified levels at some future time.
>>
>> http://www.smh.com.au/environment/un-climate-conference/un-deal-sets-pace-for-emissions-20101212-...
>>

>> But really, the weather in Cancun looked delightful.
>>

> The average for December is 27C, 1C higher than at present - and the
> outlook for the next few days is lower

Days, huh?

FFS.

B J Foster

On 13/12/2010 11:02 AM, jg wrote:
> B J Foster wrote:
>> On 13/12/2010 3:04 AM, Peter Webb wrote:
>>> World's nations unanimously make non-binding agreement to reduce CO2
>>> emissions to unspecified levels at some future time.
>>>
>>> http://www.smh.com.au/environment/un-climate-conference/un-deal-sets-pace-for-emissions-20101212-...
>>>

>>> But really, the weather in Cancun looked delightful.
>>>

>> The average for December is 27C, 1C higher than at present - and the
>> outlook for the next few days is lower
>

> What would you be expecting to see from a rise of less than 1 degree in
> the temperature of the planet - 27.2 at your house?

300,000 morons shouting "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

B J Foster

On 13/12/2010 11:39 AM, asdf wrote:
> B J Foster wrote:
>> On 13/12/2010 3:04 AM, Peter Webb wrote:
>>> World's nations unanimously make non-binding agreement to reduce CO2
>>> emissions to unspecified levels at some future time.
>>>
>>> http://www.smh.com.au/environment/un-climate-conference/un-deal-sets-pace-for-emissions-20101212-...
>>>

>>> But really, the weather in Cancun looked delightful.
>>>

>> The average for December is 27C, 1C higher than at present - and the
>> outlook for the next few days is lower
>
> Days, huh?

Yes the daily variation is greater than the claimed variation over a
century.

> FFS.

Yes, further study is indicated.

jg

B J Foster wrote:
> On 13/12/2010 11:02 AM, jg wrote:
>> B J Foster wrote:

>>> The average for December is 27C, 1C higher than at present - and the
>>> outlook for the next few days is lower
>>

>> What would you be expecting to see from a rise of less than 1 degree in
>> the temperature of the planet - 27.2 at your house?
>>

> 300,000 morons shouting "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

For the least up to speed that would be a ridiculous way to arrive at a
personal opinion.

Peter Webb

>> What would you be expecting to see from a rise of less than 1 degree in
>> the temperature of the planet - 27.2 at your house?
>>

> 300,000 morons shouting "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

ROFL

B J Foster

On 13/12/2010 10:54 PM, jg wrote:
> B J Foster wrote:

>>> What would you be expecting to see from a rise of less than 1 degree in
>>> the temperature of the planet - 27.2 at your house?
>>>

>> 300,000 morons shouting "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"
>>

> For the least up to speed that would be a ridiculous way to arrive at a
> personal opinion.

Listening to Al Gore or (choke) Kevin Rudd is even more ridiculous

jg

B J Foster wrote:
> On 13/12/2010 10:54 PM, jg wrote:
>> B J Foster wrote:

>>> 300,000 morons shouting "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"
>>>

>> For the least up to speed that would be a ridiculous way to arrive at a
>> personal opinion.
>>

> Listening to Al Gore or (choke) Kevin Rudd is even more ridiculous

When you say listen to; I haven't actually heard/seen Al Gore, I thought
he was just showing changes only those who came along late in the piece
had not already seen/read about.

NASA or the CSIRO would be much better sources.

Rudd isn't acting as a disciple for AGW, he's just responding to it.

Landline this week showed dept of ag experiments in what will happen
with more CO2 - it promotes plant growth, which requires more nitrogen
and water so nobody knows how that will affect farms... unless lord
Monckton already knows?

asdf

B J Foster wrote:
> On 13/12/2010 11:39 AM, asdf wrote:
>> B J Foster wrote:

>>> The average for December is 27C, 1C higher than at present - and the
>>> outlook for the next few days is lower
>>
>> Days, huh?
>
> Yes the daily variation is greater than the claimed variation over a
> century.

That's just downright hilarious.

Look up the terms "mean" and "standard deviation".

>> FFS.
>>

> Yes, further study is indicated.

Indeed.

Peter Webb

"asdf" <asdf@nowhere.nowhere> wrote in message
>B J Foster wrote:

>>> Days, huh?
>>
>> Yes the daily variation is greater than the claimed variation over a
>> century.
>>

> That's just downright hilarious.

Its true, whether you think it is funny or not.

> Look up the terms "mean" and "standard deviation".

Why should he? They don't even appear in his claim.

If you think what he says is wrong, you should say why you think it is
wrong.

>>> FFS.
>>>

>> Yes, further study is indicated.
>
> Indeed.

asdf

Peter Webb wrote:
> "asdf" <asdf@nowhere.nowhere> wrote in message
>> B J Foster wrote:

>>> Yes the daily variation is greater than the claimed variation over a
>>> century.
>>>

>> That's just downright hilarious.
>>

> Its true, whether you think it is funny or not.
>

>> Look up the terms "mean" and "standard deviation".
>>

> Why should he? They don't even appear in his claim.
>
> If you think what he says is wrong, you should say why you think it is
> wrong.

As I say... you don't understand implication. It's perfectly obvious to
anybody who has completed first form maths why comparing daily variation to
centenial variation is completely erroneous.