microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Help with CScrollView or CMetaFileDC pls

teli

12/16/2005 3:48:00 AM

Hi.

I have a program that reads a database and displays its graphics into a
CScrollView Instance. To do that it reads records from the database and
creates a small metafile for each of it. Finaly, when all those metafiles are
created it replays them over the view and displays those that are part of the
visible (on screen) window.

I want to create that view invisible (not on the screen) and using the same
functions I would like to create all those metafiles. Then rather than
replaying them on the display I would like to save them in the disk as EMF.

So far I manage to create the EMF and to replay over it the metafiles.
However, I am always getting a part of my image in the saved file and not the
whole image (wich be larger than the screen). I do not display the view on
the screen thus the CGetClientBox CGetClipBox functions return a zero size
rectangle. I 've tried to use functions to manipulate the window extend and
the viewport but I am not sure that I understand them.

Can some explain to me what are window origin/extend versus viewport ones?
And how can I affect the size of a disk saved MetaFiles?

Thanks a lot