microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Insert records into Axapta from external database (bizztalk

Erik Larsen

12/15/2005 12:37:00 PM

In a bizztalk environment have I chosen to use the sql adapter. This means
that the orchestration manager transfers data from a XML schema into a table
in the database, thar Axapta uses. However as some key information is missing
(dataareaid, recid, sequencenumber) I can't read the data using ordinary
Axapta code. I access the data using a connection and ordinary sql statements.
Is it possible to let the database find the correct recid so I can use the
table as an ordinary Axapta table
2 Answers

Luegisdorf

Hi Erik

The DataArea is the company, but the squencenumber and recId are crated by
Axapta self. I suggest to use a table which is not in Axapta dictionary and
get the data of this table from Inside Axatpa (and may be put in another
table).

Best regards
Patrick

"Erik Larsen" wrote:

> In a bizztalk environment have I chosen to use the sql adapter. This means
> that the orchestration manager transfers data from a XML schema into a table
> in the database, thar Axapta uses. However as some key information is missing
> (dataareaid, recid, sequencenumber) I can't read the data using ordinary
> Axapta code. I access the data using a connection and ordinary sql statements.
> Is it possible to let the database find the correct recid so I can use the
> table as an ordinary Axapta table

s?r`ch?sm

"J?s?ph L?ttlesh??s" <jpstifel@isp.com> wrote in message
> ""s?r`ch?sm" <s?r`ch?s...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "ren" <ren1999@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Good point, some adult Baptisms are just like Initiations.
>>

> Are you referring to the dubious "born again" baptisms?
>>

> Not just "born again" or bathed in the blood of the lamb ...

Those remain largely ceremonial rites of passage, rather than "initiations"
per se.

Excerpting from alt.magick, (since I'm aware that you read & post there
too);

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.magick/msg/65c801...

"What we're talking about isn't a journey so much as it is the action
of a story. What people love is a good story. Sad story, happy
story, funny story, scary story, it doesn't matter much, as long as
it's a *good* one, one that involves us, one that informs us, one that
inspires us. Stories are the "you" who strives and accumulates and
wins and loses. "You" cease to exist when you have no more story
left to tell. It's not about going somewhere or getting something. It's
about telling a story." --"Tom" <dantomel@comcast.net>

While the comments might be in the context of Buddhist asceticism, they
could be seen as a 'meta-metaphor' regarding the type of rite-of-passage
'initiations' you've been referring to. Although the OP writes of telling a
story rather than living it, I'm not sure that such a distinction is
necessarily inherent while immersed in one's "story".