microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Helptext of EDT displayed as Label-Id (@XXX1234

Daniel Grau

12/13/2005 9:16:00 AM

I have a problem with several labels of a certain labelfile. This labelfile
was created to handle all the customer labels.

The situation is like this:
EDT- XXXXXXPesonAddress,
Label 'Person Address' (@XXX96)
Help Text 'Personal Letter Address.' (@XXX625)

Now this EDT is used in several Tables (e.g. CustTable, smmBusRelTable). On
the Forms, the field label is displayed correctly - same for the help text in
the bottom line of Axapta. My problem is on the filter form for this table.
The field name is displayed as it should be as well, but wenn I open the
lookup for the table-fields, there is a grid with field name and help text.
In the help text (Description) Axapta shows me the '@XXX625'.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? I have tried the following
things:
- AOS start/stop (has actually happend several time since I'm experiencing
this problem for quite a while now!)
- deleting of all label indexes
- of course rebooting the server as well
- happens on all the clients

Other information:
- when I place some fixed text in the EDT's help text, it will be displayed
correctly! So I guess there must be some sort of cache somewhere that I'm not
aware of...

any help would be really appreciated.

thank you very much
daniel
8 Answers

Luegisdorf

Hi Daniel

Just a question for further analyze: does this effect happens in 2tier mode
too?

If not, so the problem must be something with the AOS.

best regards
Patrick

"Daniel Grau" wrote:

> I have a problem with several labels of a certain labelfile. This labelfile
> was created to handle all the customer labels.
>
> The situation is like this:
> EDT- XXXXXXPesonAddress,
> Label 'Person Address' (@XXX96)
> Help Text 'Personal Letter Address.' (@XXX625)
>
> Now this EDT is used in several Tables (e.g. CustTable, smmBusRelTable). On
> the Forms, the field label is displayed correctly - same for the help text in
> the bottom line of Axapta. My problem is on the filter form for this table.
> The field name is displayed as it should be as well, but wenn I open the
> lookup for the table-fields, there is a grid with field name and help text.
> In the help text (Description) Axapta shows me the '@XXX625'.
>
> Does anybody know how to solve this problem? I have tried the following
> things:
> - AOS start/stop (has actually happend several time since I'm experiencing
> this problem for quite a while now!)
> - deleting of all label indexes
> - of course rebooting the server as well
> - happens on all the clients
>
> Other information:
> - when I place some fixed text in the EDT's help text, it will be displayed
> correctly! So I guess there must be some sort of cache somewhere that I'm not
> aware of...
>
> any help would be really appreciated.
>
> thank you very much
> daniel

Daniel Grau

Hey Patrick,

thanks for the reply.

unfortunately it does also happen in 2-tier mode... ;(

"Luegisdorf" wrote:

> Hi Daniel
>
> Just a question for further analyze: does this effect happens in 2tier mode
> too?
>
> If not, so the problem must be something with the AOS.
>
> best regards
> Patrick
>

> "Daniel Grau" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with several labels of a certain labelfile. This labelfile
> > was created to handle all the customer labels.
> >
> > The situation is like this:
> > EDT- XXXXXXPesonAddress,
> > Label 'Person Address' (@XXX96)
> > Help Text 'Personal Letter Address.' (@XXX625)
> >
> > Now this EDT is used in several Tables (e.g. CustTable, smmBusRelTable). On
> > the Forms, the field label is displayed correctly - same for the help text in
> > the bottom line of Axapta. My problem is on the filter form for this table.
> > The field name is displayed as it should be as well, but wenn I open the
> > lookup for the table-fields, there is a grid with field name and help text.
> > In the help text (Description) Axapta shows me the '@XXX625'.
> >
> > Does anybody know how to solve this problem? I have tried the following
> > things:
> > - AOS start/stop (has actually happend several time since I'm experiencing
> > this problem for quite a while now!)
> > - deleting of all label indexes
> > - of course rebooting the server as well
> > - happens on all the clients
> >
> > Other information:
> > - when I place some fixed text in the EDT's help text, it will be displayed
> > correctly! So I guess there must be some sort of cache somewhere that I'm not
> > aware of...
> >
> > any help would be really appreciated.
> >
> > thank you very much
> > daniel

Luegisdorf

Hi Daniel

Have you changed the labels on the table's fields or on the EDT? Does the
Query Selections makes troubles on all tables or on just one specific?

regards
Patrick

"Daniel Grau" wrote:

> Hey Patrick,
>
> thanks for the reply.
>
> unfortunately it does also happen in 2-tier mode... ;(
>

> "Luegisdorf" wrote:
>
> > Hi Daniel
> >
> > Just a question for further analyze: does this effect happens in 2tier mode
> > too?
> >
> > If not, so the problem must be something with the AOS.
> >
> > best regards
> > Patrick
> >

> > "Daniel Grau" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a problem with several labels of a certain labelfile. This labelfile
> > > was created to handle all the customer labels.
> > >
> > > The situation is like this:
> > > EDT- XXXXXXPesonAddress,
> > > Label 'Person Address' (@XXX96)
> > > Help Text 'Personal Letter Address.' (@XXX625)
> > >
> > > Now this EDT is used in several Tables (e.g. CustTable, smmBusRelTable). On
> > > the Forms, the field label is displayed correctly - same for the help text in
> > > the bottom line of Axapta. My problem is on the filter form for this table.
> > > The field name is displayed as it should be as well, but wenn I open the
> > > lookup for the table-fields, there is a grid with field name and help text.
> > > In the help text (Description) Axapta shows me the '@XXX625'.
> > >
> > > Does anybody know how to solve this problem? I have tried the following
> > > things:
> > > - AOS start/stop (has actually happend several time since I'm experiencing
> > > this problem for quite a while now!)
> > > - deleting of all label indexes
> > > - of course rebooting the server as well
> > > - happens on all the clients
> > >
> > > Other information:
> > > - when I place some fixed text in the EDT's help text, it will be displayed
> > > correctly! So I guess there must be some sort of cache somewhere that I'm not
> > > aware of...
> > >
> > > any help would be really appreciated.
> > >
> > > thank you very much
> > > daniel

Daniel Grau

Yes. Fix-text is being display as it is written in the help-text field. I
created a new Label with the same text - then the Description field on the
field-lookup ist empty.. It is acting so weired - afterwards I assigned a
SYS-Label --> displayed correctly... changed again to 'my' label - same
problem as before (with the old label @XXX625. with the new one displayed
empty)...

"Luegisdorf" wrote:

> Hi Daniel
>
> Have you changed the labels on the table's fields or on the EDT? Does the
> Query Selections makes troubles on all tables or on just one specific?
>
> regards
> Patrick
>
> "Daniel Grau" wrote:
>

> > Hey Patrick,
> >
> > thanks for the reply.
> >
> > unfortunately it does also happen in 2-tier mode... ;(
> >

> > "Luegisdorf" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Daniel
> > >
> > > Just a question for further analyze: does this effect happens in 2tier mode
> > > too?
> > >
> > > If not, so the problem must be something with the AOS.
> > >
> > > best regards
> > > Patrick

Luegisdorf

Hi Daniel

Very misterously. I've no other ideas at moment, but one last question: is
your labelkey likley VAR, BUS, or so? And does this problem happens to GLS,
SYP and DIS Labels too? If not, so it's something only with your label File,
may be you can check the consisty (if its continuous).

May be someone other has an idea too?

Best regards
Patrick

"Daniel Grau" wrote:

> Yes. Fix-text is being display as it is written in the help-text field. I
> created a new Label with the same text - then the Description field on the
> field-lookup ist empty.. It is acting so weired - afterwards I assigned a
> SYS-Label --> displayed correctly... changed again to 'my' label - same
> problem as before (with the old label @XXX625. with the new one displayed
> empty)...
>

> "Luegisdorf" wrote:
>
> > Hi Daniel
> >
> > Have you changed the labels on the table's fields or on the EDT? Does the
> > Query Selections makes troubles on all tables or on just one specific?
> >
> > regards
> > Patrick
> >
> > "Daniel Grau" wrote:
> >

> > > Hey Patrick,
> > >
> > > thanks for the reply.
> > >
> > > unfortunately it does also happen in 2-tier mode... ;(

Daniel Grau

no, it's called CRM (of course axCRMxx.ald)...

but you're right - it is not continuous - do you think this could cause the
problem?

"Luegisdorf" wrote:

> Hi Daniel
>
> Very misterously. I've no other ideas at moment, but one last question: is
> your labelkey likley VAR, BUS, or so? And does this problem happens to GLS,
> SYP and DIS Labels too? If not, so it's something only with your label File,
> may be you can check the consisty (if its continuous).
>
> May be someone other has an idea too?
>
> Best regards
> Patrick
>
> "Daniel Grau" wrote:
>
> > Yes. Fix-text is being display as it is written in the help-text field. I
> > created a new Label with the same text - then the Description field on the
> > field-lookup ist empty.. It is acting so weired - afterwards I assigned a
> > SYS-Label --> displayed correctly... changed again to 'my' label - same
> > problem as before (with the old label @XXX625. with the new one displayed
> > empty)...
> >

> > "Luegisdorf" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Daniel
> > >
> > > Have you changed the labels on the table's fields or on the EDT? Does the
> > > Query Selections makes troubles on all tables or on just one specific?
> > >
> > > regards
> > > Patrick

Luegisdorf

me again ;-)

I don't know if that's the problem, but it doesn't get damaged if you just
insert the missing label keys. Keep in Mind that up to Key @CRM20 they can be
empty since Axapta begins normally from 21 and up ...

Good luck!
Patrick

"Daniel Grau" wrote:

> no, it's called CRM (of course axCRMxx.ald)...
>
> but you're right - it is not continuous - do you think this could cause the
> problem?
>
> "Luegisdorf" wrote:
>
> > Hi Daniel
> >
> > Very misterously. I've no other ideas at moment, but one last question: is
> > your labelkey likley VAR, BUS, or so? And does this problem happens to GLS,
> > SYP and DIS Labels too? If not, so it's something only with your label File,
> > may be you can check the consisty (if its continuous).
> >
> > May be someone other has an idea too?
> >
> > Best regards
> > Patrick
> >
> > "Daniel Grau" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes. Fix-text is being display as it is written in the help-text field. I
> > > created a new Label with the same text - then the Description field on the
> > > field-lookup ist empty.. It is acting so weired - afterwards I assigned a
> > > SYS-Label --> displayed correctly... changed again to 'my' label - same
> > > problem as before (with the old label @XXX625. with the new one displayed
> > > empty)...

Daniel Grau

Thank you very much for all the replies - I'll try this - and if it's not
working, I will send a request to Microsoft... ;)
I'll keep you up to date