microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Lossing data when eliminating a locked web process from sqlserver Administrator

Arkaitz

12/9/2005 11:12:00 AM

Hi everybody,
First of all, i must say that english is not my tongue language, so excuse
if i make a bad use of it..

We are having some problems when killing locked processes from SQL server
Administrator.
Some members of the company use the EnterPrise Portal to enter information
about clients, sales, and so on...
Sometimes, a server process related to web clients lock a database table and
freeze both Axapta and EP. Thus, we use to kill the process using the
sqlserver administrator. Once the process is killed, the database lock
dissapears and everything seems to work fine...or it seemed to work
fine...because we have just realized that some information is being lost
when terminating processes this way. An example:
Worker logs on in EnterPrisePortal. Worker introduces a new client to the
application. At this point, the information about that client should be
accessible from local Navision Axapta application. After he enters the new
client, he decides to introduce the client's sales, but at some point, the
process locks the table and freezes the application. Once we are alerted of
such situation, we kill the process, what use to log off the worker. After
this has been done, the worker logs on again to finish introducing the
client's sales orders, but when he wants to find the client, he can't
because it has disappeared from the database.
It seems that when we kill a process, all the information processed during
that session is being lost.
Does anybody know why is this happenning? What is to be done to solve this
problem? Any idea??

I hope that you understand the problem.

Thanks in advance for you attention,