microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Integrating external app to Axapta

5by5

12/7/2005 8:38:00 PM

I need to update shipped quantities for sales orders within Axapta that are
coming from an external system. However, I don't see columns on SalesTable
and SalesLine tables that I can map to. My options seem to be:

(a) add whatever columns I need to SalesTable and SalesLine to accept the
data coming from the external system, or,
(b) leverage some unknown inventory transaction (pick or shipment). The
Inventory Management user guide doesn't seem to talk about these functions
whatsoever, so it seems like total guesswork.

Nitin

You can create a batch process to read the data from an external system &
post it in Axapta, or if u r receiving any file then u can call a job by
which Axapta will read the file & post the related SO according to the qty.

Thanks
Nitin

"5by5" wrote:

> I need to update shipped quantities for sales orders within Axapta that are
> coming from an external system. However, I don't see columns on SalesTable
> and SalesLine tables that I can map to. My options seem to be:
>
> (a) add whatever columns I need to SalesTable and SalesLine to accept the
> data coming from the external system, or,
> (b) leverage some unknown inventory transaction (pick or shipment). The
> Inventory Management user guide doesn't seem to talk about these functions
> whatsoever, so it seems like total guesswork.

5by5

Here are more specifics as to the nature of advice I am looking for.

- If I am managing inventory through a 3rd party warehouse management
system, I do not want to replicate that information within Axapta's Inventory
Management module or Warehouse Management add-on. How feasible is that?
What financial transactions/postings around sales orders would I need to
worry about?

- When can/should I use tables like SalesTable and SalesLine, versus when
should I use classes (e.g., SalesAutoCreate, SalesFormLetter) versus
AxSalesTable, AXSalesLine? Where could I find good documentation on all the
respective methods of each? Which classes/methods relate to sales order
posting?

Thanks