microsoft.public.axapta.programming

Form with a parent/child grid controls

Kevin Formosa

12/6/2005 5:30:00 PM

I would like to go from the parent to the child grid (on the same form) by
using the ctrl-pgdn (control + pagedown) keys. How is this possible?

As well, if the child grid is empty and allowCreate of the datasource is set
to true, how to instruct axapta to create automatically a new row on pressing
ctrl-pgdn?

Thanks
Kevin
1 Answer

Nitin

On the form on any interaction task() is called. You can find the taskid for
the key u want to use as a shortcut. In this method u can write the code to
focus on the child grid. For autocreating a record if blank, u can set a
datasource property InsertIfEmpty = Yes. If u want to do through code then u
can write <DS name>_ds.create().

Cheers
Nitin Jain