RE: "Data source name not found" in ASP.NET

(Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT))

sam

Hussein - thanks for the link to article (Q306345) - it
did it.

I had to add ASPNET user to permissions list in a registry
for my ODBC DSN.
Why do I have to do this cumbersome thing for every DSN?
Did I mess something up during installation of .NET?

Sam

article that discusses this issue with ASP, but most of
the info applies to ASP.NET:

>PRB: ASP Error 80004005 "Data Source Name Not Found"
(Q306345)

(Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT))

sam

Thanks.

I was afraid that I have to do this for each new DSN.
However, setting permissions on a parent folder (as you
suggested) makes every new DSN child to inherit proper
parent permissions.
Works just fine.

Thanks again.

Sam