Re: "Data source name not found" in ASP.NET

Wade Wright

4/2/2002 10:23:00 PM

I am just taking a guess, but ASP by default uses an account it creates
called ASP_NET that is kinda like the old IUSER of classic asp. Even if your
DSN has a user and password in it, I find that I have to pass it when I
build my connection string, as in "DSN=MyDSN;UID=Wade;Password=MyPassword;"

(NOTE: Make sure you connection string syntax is right, sometimes its
Password or Pwd... just use what is right for your connection"