microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

HELP running QuickStart Samples

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

11/14/2003 2:41:00 PM

Can anyone offer advice ?

I am trying to run the QuickStart Samples. I Installed
MSDE and added the sample Databases but running into
problems when trying to grant access to the ASPNET user.

The documentation ;

.. For Windows Server 2003 family systems running IIS 6.0
replace <ASP.NET User Account> with 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK
SERVICE'
.. For all other cases replace <ASP.NET User Account>
with 'MACHINENAME\ASPNET'

?????
MY MACHINENAME is DENIS and my SQLServer INSTANCENAME is
NetSDK.

I tried ;
osql -E -S DENIS\NetSDK -Q "sp_grantlogin DENIS\ASPNET"

but this does not work ?

I am running the Home version of XP so I dont think I
have IIS, is this why I cannot run these samples ? If so
what would I need to upgrade to ?

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.