System.ComponentModel.EventHandlerList is not marked as serializa

Stephane

I've got a server using .Net remoting which send to the client (an ASP.net
application) a hashtable. On the server side, my tests have shown no errors
but when I try to loop in the hashtable on the client side, I've got this
error:

The type System.ComponentModel.EventHandlerList in Assembly System,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 is not
marked as serializable.
Source : mscorlib

What is this class for? How can I mark this as serializable??

My class throwing this error is quite simple. It's only containg a hashtable
member and deriving from MarshalByRef class. I implement IDictionary,
ISerializable, IDeserializationCallback, ICloneable Interfaces.

Inside this same C# file, I also have this class:

[Serializable]
public class SerializableHashTable : Hashtable
{
/// <summary>
/// Default constructor.
/// </summary>
public SerializableHashTable() : base()
{
}

/// <summary>
/// Set the base constructor public.
/// </summary>
/// <param name="info">Serialization Info</param>
/// <param name="context">Streaming Context</param>
public SerializableHashTable(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo
info,
System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext context) : base(info, context)
{
}

}

Also, when I print the list count property I got from the remote server, It
indicates a weird value like 898092342.

Any Idea of what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Stephane