Re: Do I have to have my strong named Assembly in the GAC?

Lord2702

8/28/2004 9:23:00 PM

Sat. Aug. 28, 2004 2:15 PM PT

First of all, signing an assembly with strong name, and putting them into
the GAC or not, there should not be a problem like SecurityException. You
have not specified when do you get this exception, and details about the
exception. Yes. it is requirement, that to install your assembly, its
corresponding assemblies, must have a strong name, before installing them
into the GAC.
You may have the SecurityException, at the time of serializing and
de-serializing objects, or may be authnticating users. But, since I don't
have the details, can not comment on this SecurityException. Post, more
details.

Good Luck.

"Mike Stevens via .NET 247" <anonymous@dotnet247.com> wrote in message
I have an assembly that I have to have strongly named. (It contains some
ServicedComponents). I have published a class in this assembly using Binary
TCP Remoting. I have a second strongly named assembly that contains some
classes that I sometimes pass as parameters to methods in the remoted
object.
This works when none of the assemblies are strongly named, but when I
strongly name them, I get a security exception.
I don?t want to install my assemblies in the GAC because of the
inconvenience when developing.
--------------------------------
From: Mike Stevens

-----------------------
Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotn...)

<Id>Zf/TL9Ibr0urFy5wwupEJg==</Id>

1 Answer

ray

In article <26573-4D61F0E6-2394@baytvnwsxa001.msntv.msn.com>,
jdjj2@msn.com (Jack Johnson) wrote:

> I think you're wrong. I do believe Sarah Palin believes she's more
> popular than she is. She may realize she doesn't stand a chance to get
> elected, and she doesn't. BUT, I think she would love to run, and get
> elected President. I think she has quite an ego.

Nah. She's playing a head game with the Democrats and enjoying the hell
out of their reaction. Kind of like using a laser pen to play with your
cat. It's all fun and games until you make a trail with the pen into a
chair leg and the cat bounces his head into it. And then you sit there
and laugh.

--
Barock Insane Obama: The greatest joke America ever played on itself.