microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

mscoree error while running .msi

EP

11/12/2003 7:50:00 PM

while installing an .msi I get the following error:

"msiexec.exe - mscoree.dll load error (Error code = %X).

Two different copies of MSCOREE.DLL have been loaded.

First copy:
<Unknown>

Second Copy:
C:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll

This is typically caused by having a registered MSCOREE.DLL that is
different from the one that is statically linked with the application."

Any idea why/how this happens?

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

Is this every MSI file, or maybe just one that you built? What OS is this? Try
manually stopping the Windows Installer service first.
--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
----