Invoking a .Net remoting component from Visual Basic 6.0 COM component

rahul_4u40

8/28/2004 10:55:00 AM

Hi is it posisble to invoke a method of a .Net remoting component from
a COM component developed using Visual Basic 6.0.
If yes request you to provide me how can I achieve it.
Any help on this would be highly appreviated
1 Answer

Bob Grommes

You can't do this, at least not directly.

It's possible to create a COM component in .NET that can talk to VB6. So I
suppose it's theoretically possible to create a .NET COM component that is
itself a remoting client and wraps all the calls you want to make to the
remoting server, allowing the VB6 code to call them through the .NET COM
component.

Mind you I have no idea if this would really work, but it seems plausible,
if you really must make this happen and have no simpler alternatives.

--Bob