SOAPSUDS/Interfaces/Config Files.

.NetHelpWanted

8/26/2004 9:39:00 PM

Hello

I have a application in which the client has an Interface.
I have used SOAPSUDS for remoting.
I haveused SOAPSUDS the URI is hard coded into the Interfacedll.

Now I have a problem.
We are planning to run this service on two servers. When one of the server
is down I should be able to edit the config file on the client so that calls
to the service
are sirected to the new server.
Thus I would be avoidng recompilation of the Interface Dll.
Any Idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

--
..NetHelpWanted
1 Answer

Sam Santiago

You can always edit the generated code from SoapSuds to have the URL be
determined via a configuration file or any way you desire. If you don't
want to use SoapSuds check out step #5 of this link:

Basic Remoting Task List
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconBasicRemotingTa...

Thanks,

Sam