internal customError in remoting?

gaetan

8/26/2004 6:07:00 PM

hello

I have a set of application playing with remoting. All seems to work
on local but it crash with the following exception when i set up a
client on an other computer:
Fatal exception occured : Server encountered an internal error. For
more information, turn on customErrors in the server's .config file.
(, -1)

I tryed to add
<customErrors mode="off" />
or
<customErrors mode="on" />
or
<customErrors mode="remoteOnly" />
in the config file of the server

but it never change anything! The worst is it works for the first call
to a remoting object, it the second one (that sends a serializable
object) that rises an exception i can't tell what it is.
But it works when i put everything in localhost ! any clue!?

Thanks
3 Answers

Sam Santiago

I think case matters, so try On, Off, or RemoteOnly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/gngrfcustomerrorss...

This is an ASP.NET parameter, so I'm assuming you have deployed your remote
object to IIS and are modifying the web.config file in your virtual
directory.

Thanks,

Sam

--
_______________________________
Sam Santiago
"Gaetan" <gaetan@xeberon.net> wrote in message
> hello
>
> I have a set of application playing with remoting. All seems to work
> on local but it crash with the following exception when i set up a
> client on an other computer:
> Fatal exception occured : Server encountered an internal error. For
> more information, turn on customErrors in the server's .config file.
> (, -1)
>
> I tryed to add
> <customErrors mode="off" />
> or
> <customErrors mode="on" />
> or
> <customErrors mode="remoteOnly" />
> in the config file of the server
>
> but it never change anything! The worst is it works for the first call
> to a remoting object, it the second one (that sends a serializable
> object) that rises an exception i can't tell what it is.
> But it works when i put everything in localhost ! any clue!?
>
> Thanks

Gaetan semet

no no it's not for asp.net !
It's just standard stand alone programs using Remoting.

What i do'nt understand is it works fine in my computer, and not
remotely (thus, nothing really change from the "remoting" point of vue,
it's just the ip that changes). It's not a "cannot connect" problem i
think there is something in the rights or in the framework configuration
i may have to change for my program to run on an other computer....

-----
Great A'Tan - http://www.xeberon....

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Sam Santiago

You might want to post some code that show how you configure your server
side channels and client channels.

--