microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

How to retrieve the summary info shown on the properties tab for a file

Marlon R

11/6/2003 4:06:00 AM

Can anyone tell me how to retrieve the summary information for the
properties of a file.

In windows explorer you would right on the file, select properties and then
click the summary tab.

2 Answers

v-yiy

Thanks for your post.

I have posted my reply in microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop group
and I'll do follow up on that thread.
Thanks!

Best regards,

Ying-Shen Yu [MSFT]
Microsoft Online Partner Support

You should not reply this mail directly, "Online" should be removed before
sending, Thanks!

Gabriele G. Ponti

The summary tab is not common to all the file types, but it depends on the
property sheet handlers configured on the machine. Unfortunately I don't
think there's an easy way to access this information from .NET.

For more information please see the following document:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/extensionhandlers/propsheethandlers.asp?frame...

Regards,

Gabriele