Re: SerializationException while accessing a remote object

Sam Santiago

8/20/2004 5:39:00 AM

This is usually caused by the attribute typeFilterLevel="Full" for the
formatter element not being present, but you have that in your files. You
might want to verify you are running the .NET Framework 1.1 and that your
configuration files are being read for now.

Thanks,

Sam
--
_______________________________
Sam Santiago
"JBO" <JBO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm receiving an error message when trying to set a context control object
in
> a remotely activated object. For error messages and config files see
below.
> I'm running MS .NETframework 1.1
> Any help with this problem is very much appreciated.
> -----------
> Error message:
>
> An unhandled exception of type
> 'System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException' occurred in
mscorlib.dll

> Additional information: Because of security restrictions, the type
> System.Runtime.Remoting.ObjRef cannot be accessed
> -----------
> The server side config file contains:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> <configuration>
> <system.runtime.remoting>
> <application>
> <channels>
> <channel ref="tcp" port="49999" />
> <clientProviders>
> <formatter ref="binary" />
> </clientProviders>
> <serverProviders>
> <formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
> </serverProviders>
> </channels>
> <service>
> <activated type="BL.TMInfo, BL" />
> </service>
> </application>
> </system.runtime.remoting>
> </configuration>
> -----------
> The client side config file contains:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> <configuration>
> <system.runtime.remoting>
> <application>
> <client url="tcp://localhost:49999">
> <activated type="BL.TMInfo, BL" />
> </client>
> <channels>
> <channel ref="tcp" port="0" />
> <clientProviders>
> <formatter ref="binary" />
> </clientProviders>
> <serverProviders>
> <formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
> </serverProviders>
> </channels>
> </application>
> </system.runtime.remoting>
> </configuration>
>
> -----------
> Server stack trace:
> at

System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.GetSafeUninitializedObject(Ty
pe type)
> at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ParseObject(Pars
eRecord pr)
> at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Parse(ParseRecor
> pr)
> at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWith
MapTyped(BinaryObjectWithMapTyped record)
> at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWith
MapTyped(BinaryHeaderEnum binaryHeaderEnum)
> at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
> at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(Head
erHandler
> handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage
> methodCallMessage)
> at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(S
tream
> serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck,
> IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
> at

System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeBinaryRequestMessage
(String
> objectUri, Stream inputStream, Boolean bStrictBinding, TypeFilterLevel
> securityLevel)
> at

System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IS
erverChannelSinkStack