Bsiang Tan

2/25/2004 6:35:00 PM

Dear all expert,

I use javascript to open a modal dialog window
window.showModalDialog('child.aspx');

but in my child.aspx, got a button, when I click the button, it will do
the postback, mean that it shoul refresh the page.. but in my case, the open
another window...
why this happen ? isn't the postback will only refresh in the same window ?

Am I missing something ? Please kindly point me my mistake...

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Bsiang.

2 Answers

Teemu Keiski

it is about the modal window. It causes the behaviour you see.

--
Teemu Keiski

"Bsiang Tan" <tbsiang1982@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Dear all expert,

I use javascript to open a modal dialog window
window.showModalDialog('child.aspx');

but in my child.aspx, got a button, when I click the button, it will do
the postback, mean that it shoul refresh the page.. but in my case, the open
another window...
why this happen ? isn't the postback will only refresh in the same window ?

Am I missing something ? Please kindly point me my mistake...

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Bsiang.

Bsiang Tan

Dear Teemu Keiski,

Thanks, but how can I make it stop this weird behavior ?

Best regards,
Bsiang