Suggestion needed reagrding Impersonation

.NetHelpWanted

8/18/2004 9:15:00 PM

Hi All,

I have an application in which
I have a service running as some user.
And i have a dll which odes remoting calls.

my question is
Any one who wants to connect to DB has to use dll.
Now my problem is that only one user can write to datbase.
ie the user running the service.

Say if user1,user2 have to make any changes to datbase they have to make
through admin1

how to achive this.

TIA

--
..NetHelpWanted
1 Answer

Sam Santiago

If you use SQL Server authentication you simply provide the user name and
password in the connection string:

Server=servername;User Id=dbuser;Password=password;Initial Catalog=mydb

But if you want to impersonate you can try this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconimpersonatingreverting.asp?...

Thanks,

Sam
--