Lloyd Dupont

11/3/2003 11:55:00 AM

I know it's possible to call COM server in C#.
but is it possible to create a new COM sever in C# ?

I mean I want to create a IShellBrowser (well something like that, I just
dicover it recently) I mean I want to write a shell extension to appear in
the windows explorer.
is it possible to do that in C# ?

2 Answers

Bob Powell

Yes it is...

I'm just preparing an article for Novembers Well Formed on creating shell
extensions in C# and VB.NET in which I create a thumbnail generator for a
custom file so that users can browse with "Thumbnails" turned on.

You need to import or define the interfaces you want to use, implement the
interfaces and then register the DLL for COM interop.

This article has some info on other types of shell extension...
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/date...

--
Bob Powell [MVP]
C#, System.Drawing

The October edition of Well Formed is now available.
Find out how to use DirectX in a Windows Forms control
http://www.bobpowell.net/curren...

Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
http://www.bobpowell.net/gdipl...

Read my Blog at http://bobpowelldotnet.bl...

"Lloyd Dupont" <net.galador@ld> wrote in message
> I know it's possible to call COM server in C#.
> but is it possible to create a new COM sever in C# ?
>
> I mean I want to create a IShellBrowser (well something like that, I just
> dicover it recently) I mean I want to write a shell extension to appear in
> the windows explorer.
> is it possible to do that in C# ?

Lloyd Dupont

thanks guy !