Remoting performance channel vs multiple channels

timasmith

8/18/2004 12:59:00 AM

TcpServerChannel channel = new TcpServerChannel("tcpmine",5000);
ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(channel);

MyServiceOne obj1 = new MyServiceOne();
ObjRef oref = RemotingServices.Marshal(obj1,"MyServiceOne");

MyServiceTwo obj2 = new MyServiceTwo();
ObjRef oref2 = RemotingServices.Marshal(obj2,"MyServiceTwo");

This works fine, and now I have two questions.

What are the advantages to creating a new channel on a new port and
have clients access only servicetwo on the second port?

TcpServerChannel channel2 = new TcpServerChannel("tcpmine2",5001);
ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(channel2);

When I say advantages I am thinking performance, throughput or number
of conncurrent clients and I have no idea if sharing a port affects
either.