Question reg. Pub-Sub architecture

rdilipk

8/18/2004 12:12:00 AM

Howdy All

I have a quick question on an architecture I am trying to implement.

I want to implement something similar to a pub-sub architecture. Is
it possible to broadcast event notifications across machines and
networks? I have a .NET application (lets call it .NETApp) sitting on
an IIS box that recieves events from another source. If I want client
applications (that are potentially on machines different from the
network on which .NETApp is running but internetworked via bridges and
stuff) to receive these events from .NETApp, how do I do it?

I don't see any other way other than client applications registering a
HTTP endpoint with .NETApp so that .NETApp can simply cruft up a HTTP
message and broadcast to all such registered endpoints. This would
mean the client apps should be running some kind of lightweight HTTP
Server (Cassini?).

Am I making sense so far? Is there any other way to do this?

thanks
--Dilip
1 Answer

Sam Santiago

You might want to consider remoting events. Check out this example:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...

Thanks,

Sam

--